Thursday, May 26, 2005

Mea Culpa

It has been quite a few WEEKS since my last journal entry, for which I am most apologetic. I have been negligent to those who have become regular readers of my ramblings, plus I have been negligent to myself, as well.

In addition to my work as a photojournalist, I have recently taken on the added responsibilities of planning and producing festivals and other special events for one of the local borough councils, here in the northwest of England. Hence, the recent absence of regular journal entries.

Working within the environment of local government, especially for someone who is not a career governmental functionary, is a very interesting experience. Doing so within the confines of British local government is an entirely different dynamic harkening back to the age of Feudalism. Remember the classic Mark Twain tale, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court? Well friends, I am currently living that tale. I'll let you know how the story progresses...

No comments: